Bust Out The Adderall: It's Exam Week

It's the moment we've all been waiting for. Everything we have worked for as students these last 3 months is coming to a culmination of stress, tears, piles of notes, and editing in a dark room with cheesy Third Eye Blind songs being added to our movies.

I don't think I've ever sent or received so many 'sorry for being a bitch' text messages, eaten so much chocolate or ever seriously considered that time watching Gossip Girl could have been better spent studying. It has been a struggle, and not only becauseTiger Woods has drastically overshadowed my own personal drama, but because I find myself cracking under the pressure in the most surprising of ways.

1. Turning down dates. I never, ever, in my life, turn down the chance to drink wine and talk about myself for 1.5 hours in the ritual that constitutes a first date. As long as you are funny, smart, handsome, and can pull off pastels, I usually accept.

2. Yelling slanderous expletives at my dog. My dog is not perfect, no one is. He likes to test himself to see how many times he can bark in one minute (his current record is 100), acknowledge what I say but never obey it, and (he'll kill me for saying this) eat cat poo. But I generally defend everything he does to the full extent of my vocabulary because he's funny, smart, handsome and can pull off pastels with flying colours. Today I found myself calling him 'a pretentious fucking asshole' in public and I knew I had really lost it.

3. Eating only carbs. Sometimes when you're studying the fastest thing to eat is buttered noodles. A meal generally saved for geriatrics and 4 year olds, with enough salt and pepper, some pre-cooked Safeway chicken and a dash of olive oil, don't tell Nigella Lawson, but you've made yourself an OK meal .

Quick Update on number 2: My dog literally just vomited ON MY BED. He is obviously feeling the stress too. I feel guilty now.

4. Buying BC Wine. My friend Alicia texted me at the beginning of the recession 'it must be a recession, I just bought BC wine'. And it's true, honestly, I usually stick to Napa, Chile, New Zealand and the odd Blasted Church but the guy at the wine store complimented me on my hair colour and something came over me. I bought 2 bottles from BC and I have to say...this Saturna's Vintners Select Pinot Noir is pretty good.

So in between trying to understand how studying and wine go together, I'll leave you with this. It's exam week and everyone, including my dog, is losing their mind. Just remember at the end of it all, you'll have some varying marks, a bit of bad skin, a great excuse to party, and a big sense of accomplishment. That sounded cheesy. Shit. Cue the Third Eye Blind. Watch an emotionally intense Anime cartoon set to Deep Inside Of You HERE.

1 comment: